Our Church History
Rev. Sam and Elsie Cagle started the Loomis United Pentecostal Church the first Sunday of August 1950. Services were held in the house across the street in the garage of the home owned by John Berg. The current sanctuary was built in 1958, the fellowship hall was built in 1962 and the education building was built in 1975. Pastor Cagle was the pastor until he retired in 1990. Pastor Sam Cagle went home to be with the Lord on November 19, 1995.
Pastor and Sister Michael Guisande came to the Lord in the Loomis church in the summer of 1975. They worked in the church serving in various positions in the Sunday School Department, Loomis Christian School and as Youth Directors. In 1984 Pastor and Sister Guisande left Loomis and went to West Sacramento to start the Apostolic Faith Tabernacle a Home Missions Church. After seven years in West Sacramento they returned to Loomis in 1990 to accept the pastorate of the Loomis United Pentecostal Church.
Both the church and Fellowship Hall have been remodeled. Lighthouse Christian Center has continued the long tradition of Loving God and loving people. The main focus of the church is evangelism and building strong families and maintaining the Apostolic Faith and Pentecostal experience. Strong emphasis is placed on Christian Education through Sunday School, New Life Classes and Home Bible Studies. Lighthouse Christian Center is known for maintaining a welcoming and friendly environment with Spirit filled services.
- August 1950 - Rev. Sam and Elsie Cagle found the Loomis United Pentecostal Church, hosting services in the house across the street.
- 1958 - The current church sanctuary was built and has been in use since.
- 1962 - Our large fellowship hall was built behind the church building to be used for all kinds of events.
- 1975 - The education building was built and hosted Loomis Christian School for many years, and it is now used for Sunday School services.
- 1990 - Rev. Sam Cagle retired and current Pastor Michael & Sister Guisande were elected as the next pastorate of Loomis United Pentecostal Church.
- 1990 - Pastor & Sister Guisande changed the name of the church to Lighthouse Apostolic, and it was later changed to Lighthouse Christian Center.
- 2003 - The sanctuary and fellowship hall underwent a huge remodel.
- 2015 - The sanctuary underwent another huge remodel, and we are now blessed with our new, beautiful sanctuary.